- The applicant must desires to serve as a music minister or church musician in a Christian church.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor degree in music or equivalent from an accredited institution. A student with Bachelor Degree from an unaccredited institution may be considered for admissions upon evaluation of the transcript of the degree by the Academic Dean’s Office. A student with Bachelor Degree in fields other than music may be considered for admissions by means of audition and/or entrance exam.
- Applicants should have taken at the undergraduate level courses in Harmony, Counterpoint, Conducting Basics, and other fundamental music courses. Students who have not taken these basic courses may be accepted into the program on a provisional basis and will have the opportunity to make up the deficiencies.
- All applications to Truth Theological Seminary are subject to review by the Academic Dean.
- Upon acceptance to the program, each student will participate in an interview with Director of Church Music Program to determine the student’s level of competency and to evaluate the student’s area of musical ability. This interview may include an audition to evaluate the student’s talents so that the program may be adapted to the student’s goals.
- Required documentations for application to the Master of Church Music program:
- Application for admission (Forms 100)
- Doctrinal Statement & Student Code of Conduct (Form 101)
- A Biographical Summary (Form 110)
- A Statement of Conversion and Call to Ministry (Form 111)
- Three References (Forms 112, 113 and 114)
- U.S. residents must show their social security card and submit proof of U.S. legal residency. Any one of the following documents is considered as a proof: valid green card / U.S. passport / I-94 with I-551
- A non-refundable application fee of $50
- All official transcripts.
(Unofficial transcripts may be submitted as preliminary consideration)
- TOEFL score, if required
- An interview with the Admissions Committee
- Californian residents only: Execute an Enrollment Agreement (Form 201)
- Music students needs to fulfill the following at the time of applying for the program
- Schedule for an audition
- Submit a recent audio/video recording (no older than 3 months)
- Submit compositions/arrangements, if Composing/Arranging major (contact the Church Music Department for details)
After Filing for Application
- An admissions counselor will be assigned to the applicant. All questions concerning admissions should be directed to the admissions counselor.
- Applicants will be notified of interview appointment and of items needed to complete the file.
- The Admissions Office will mail an admission decision to the applicant.
- Upon acceptance, a $200 deposit is required to hold place in the program. Such deposit will be applied towards the tuition.
Admissions Application Deadlines
Applicants are encouraged to apply at least three months ahead of the expected enrollment quarter. Documentation and admission application must be filed with the Admissions Office. For application deadlines please refer to Academic Calendar.
Mailing Address of the Admissions Office:
141 E. Duarte Road
Arcadia, CA 91006