- The applicant must be a born-again Christian, clearly called by God and willing to serve the Lord.
- The applicant must hold a Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent. Equivalency is determined after a review of transcripts and catalog of the graduate theological institution attended.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in all graduate level courses is required.
- Proof of engagement in full-time ministry for at least three years after obtaining the M.Div. degree is required. The applicant must remain in full-time Christian ministry while pursuing the D.Min. and endorsed by the church/organization that he/she is serving.
- If the applicant’s education (Bachelor degree or above) is in a language other than English, a TOFEL score must be provided. The TOFEL score must be in accordance with the United State government’s requirements for applying for admission. If the applicant satisfies all the admissions requirements except for the TOFEL score, he/she can enter the degree program as a probationary student but must take an English class with a passing grade in the first year of enrollment.
- Interview with the Director of Doctor of Ministry Program.
- Applicant must complete a full application package with a non-refundable Application Fee. Documentation, with fees, must be submitted to the Admissions Office or postmarked by admission deadline.
- Required documentation for application to the Doctor’s program:
- Application for admission (Forms 100)
- Doctrinal Statement & Student Code of Conduct (Form 101)
- A Biographical Summary (Form 110)
- A Statement of Conversion & Call to Ministry (Form 111)
- Three References (Forms 112, 113 and 114)
- U.S. residents must show their social security card and submit proof of U.S. legal residency. Any one of the following documents is considered as a proof: valid green card / U.S. passport / I-94 with I-551
- A non-refundable application fee of $50
- All official transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts may be submitted as preliminary consideration)
- If a TOFEL score needs to be submitted, it must be in accordance with the United States government’s requirements for applying for admission
- Ministry experience validation (Form 150)
- Institutional approval for study (Form 151)
- Tuition and fee payment agreement (Form 152)
- For applicants who have a ministry-based master’s degree other than M.Div., please contact the administration office.
TTS may admit a limited number of D.Min. students who might not have acquired M.Div. equivalency. All deficiencies must be removed before the writing of their Ministry Project commences and the status of D.Min. candidacy. The length of study is the same as regular D.Min. Program.
After Filing for Application
- An admissions counselor will be assigned to the applicant. All questions concerning admissions should be directed to the admissions counselor.
- Applicants will be notified of interview appointment and of items needed to complete the file.
- The Admissions Office will mail an admission decision to the applicant.
- Upon acceptance, a $200 deposit is required to hold place in the program. Such deposit will be applied towards the tuition.
Admissions Application Deadlines
Applicants are encouraged to apply at least three months ahead of the expected enrollment quarter. Documentation and admission application must be filed with the Admissions Office. For application deadlines please refer to Academic Calendar.
Mailing Address of the Admissions Office:
141 E. Duarte Road
Arcadia, CA 91006