Leadership Education And Development (LEAD) program is a discipleship training program that Truth Theological Seminary offers to Chinese churches in Southern California as well as many areas in America and Canada. The purpose of the LEAD program is to help believers of Chinese churches to grow spiritually and be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed, “for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.” (Ephesians 4:12-13)
There are two divisions under LEAD – the Truth Institute and the Chinese track of CLD by Gateway Seminary (whose details can be found on printed pamphlets). Various certificate programs are offered under Truth Institute; they are offered in Chinese-Mandarin, taught by experienced instructors. Each certificate requires the completion of four courses in its own field of interest. The time span required to complete specific courses might be different.
Certificate in Bible Teaching
This certificate is for those who minister in the area of Bible teaching. The course provides them with an adequate understanding of the biblical contents, major theological themes, and practical skills in order to help them teach the Bible.
- Understanding the Old Testament
- Understanding the New Testament
- Selected Theological Themes of the Bible
- Bible Study and Bible Teaching Methods
Certificate in Missions Studies
This certificate helps believers have a better understanding of the growth and mission awareness of the early church in order to facilitate personal reflection and action.
- The Book of Acts and Missions in the Early Church
- Current Trends in Missions
- Mobilizing the Church for Missions
- A Personal Involvement in Missions
Certificate in Baptist Studies
This certificate is to help students have a better understanding and appreciation of the Baptist spirit.
- A People Called Baptist
- Chinese Baptist History
- Baptist Polity and Distinctives
- Baptist Church Life
Certificate in Church Planting
This certificate is designed to provide for those with a heart for church planting to have understanding, insight and the basic tools necessary to assist in planting churches.
- Basic Church Planting
- Personal Evangelism
- Visitation and Caring
- A Healthy Church
Certificate in Music Ministry
This certificate is designed to help train and develop those who have an interest in serving in the music ministry of a church by providing them with the knowledge and the practical skills needed to function in such a ministry.
- Spiritual Growth
- Music Theory and Vocal Training (prerequisites required)
- Introduction to Conducting / Children Music Ministry
- Organizing a Praise Team
Certificate in Church Worship
This certificate is designed to help train those who minister in the area of church worship. The course of study will equip them to have a biblical understanding of worship and to put together a Christ-centered worship service.
- The Art of Worship
- Planning for Worship
- Media in Today’s Worship
- Practical Conducting and Song-Leading
Certificate in Fellowship Development
This certificate is designed to equip fellowship leaders with some practical pointers and skills in order to effectively lead a fellowship group.
- Body Life
- Leading Small Groups
- From the Passage to Message
- Listening and Caring
Certificate in Spiritual Formation
This certificate is designed to help students have an understanding of true spirituality as taught in the Bible and to develop spiritual disciplines that would enable them to grow spiritually.
- True Spirituality
- Developing a Prayer Life
- How to Read, Study, and Apply the Bible
- Spiritual Disciplines
Certificate in Seasons of Life Series
This certificate helps students in understanding the different seasons of a person’s life and to deal with each “season” of change that comes and the accompanying challenges that come with each “season”. Parts of the courses would help students lead the church in ministering to and with each age cluster.
- The Characteristics and Needs of Seniors
- Ministries to and with Seniors
- Developing a Ministry to and with Seniors
- On Death and Dying
- The Characteristics and Needs of Adults
- Ministries to and with Adults
- Developing a Ministry to and with Adults
- Missional Christians
- The Characteristics and Needs of Youths
- Ministries to and with Youths.
- Developing a Ministry to and with Youths
- Generation X and Millennials
- The Characteristics and Needs of Children
- Ministries to Children
- Developing a Ministry to Children
- Raising God-fearing Children
Courses listed above are but sample offerings of the Truth Institutes and are not exhaustive. Please contact Truth Theological Seminary if your church or region has needs for specific fields of study. We would be more than happy to work with you to help provide such training and equipping.
Admission and Registration
- Basic Qualifications: The applicant must be
- A born-again Christian
- A growing Christian
- A member of good standing in his/her church
- Fervently serving the Lord
- In agreement with the Baptist Faith and Polity
- Recommended by the Pastor of his/her church
- Admission and Fees
- Fill out an admission form and pay a one-time fee of $10
- Pay a per course fee of $20
- Registration forms must be returned to the office 2 weeks prior to the beginning of a course.
It is the policy of Truth Theological Seminary that applicants for admission shall not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, and handicap.