NOTICE CONCERNING TRANSFERABILITY OF CREDITS
AND CREDENTIALS EARNED AT OUR INSTITUTION
The transferability of credits a student earns at Truth Theological Seminary is at the complete discretion of an institution to which he/she may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the degree, diploma or certificate a student earns at Truth Theological Seminary is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which he/she seeks to transfer. If the credits, degree, diploma or certificate that a student earns at this institution are not accepted at the institution to which he/she seeks to transfer the student may be required to repeat some or all of his/her coursework at that institution. For this reason, the student should ascertain that his/her attendance at this institution will meet his/her educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which the student may seek to transfer after attending Truth Theological Seminary to determine if his/her credits, degree, diploma or certificate will transfer.
TRANSFER OF CREDITS
Applicants who have obtained credits from other accredited seminaries can transfer part of the credits to Truth Theological Seminary. Credits can be transferred depending on the degree program.
Transfer of credits into the Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) Program
- A maximum of 6 units of graduate doctoral education earned at another accredited graduate institution may be transferred into the D.Min. Program.
- All graduate work that is to be considered for transfer must have a minimum grade of B for consideration.
- Students must submit official transcripts for consideration.
- The Director of D.Min. Program will review of previous coursework and the final decision and the student will be notified within 30 days after submission of all official transcripts. Students may be required to submit additional documents and/or school catalogs of the school attended.
- If there is any doubts about the transfer of credits to the D.Min. Program, the Director of D.in. Program and the Academic Dean will make the final decision.
Transfer of credits into the M.A. in Church Ministry Studies Program
- A maximum of 12-semester credit units of graduate education earned at another accredited graduate institution may be transferred into the M.A. Program. Special case may be considered, such as a student transferring from a Baptist theological seminary, since Truth Theological Seminary has accepted and adopted the faith and polity of Southern Baptist Convention; as a Baptist theological seminary, TTS will consider accepting all qualifying credits from other Baptist seminaries into the M.A. program.
- All graduate work that is to be considered for transfer credit must have a minimum grade of B.
- Students must submit official transcripts to Registrar’s Office for consideration.
- The review of previous coursework will be done by the Academic Dean, and the student will be notified of the outcome within 30 days after submission of all transcripts. The Academic Dean will review coursework to arrive at a decision. Students may be required to submit additional documentation and/or school catalogs from schools attended.
- Appropriate transfer of courses similar to those at TTS will be left to the decision of the Academic Dean.
Transfer of credits into the Certificate Program is not being considered.
LIFE EXPERIENCE CREDIT
Credit for experiential learning is not recognized for reduction of credits required toward any program offered by this institution.